Thursday, May 7, 2009

Anonymous postings

A reader I respect suggested I should bar anonymous postings from the comment section.

I had considered the issue before and did not block them. But since the issue was raised by a named reader who I respect I reconsidered.

But have not changed the policy.

I think it's best to post with a name, or at least a handle, so readers get to know what you think on a variety of issues. It builds community. But I can appreciate sometimes a reader wants to play "hide and speak" and I won't stop that.

So, don't be shy -- anonymous or not -- write in and comment away.
James Morton
1100-5255 Yonge Street
Toronto, Ontario
M2N 6P4

416 225 2777

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I post both anon and with a name. Sometimes I just want to comment but not be known for it!

Anonymous said...

Sometimes I want to comment in the middle of the day when I should be working, and I don't want my name on it, and I also don't want to be bothered to maintain an alternate identity.

Anonymous said...

i never post anonymously.. I think its rude.

Anonymous said...

It's nice of bloggers to allow anon comments. Shows they are interested in a wide range of views. Just wish anons wouldn't leave nasty comments - it's so cowardly and unfair.

Anonymous said...

[size=72][color=red][url=http://www.go4you.net/go.php?sid=9]Pezda[/url][/color][/size]

[size=72][color=red][url=http://www.go4you.net/go.php?sid=9]Load Windows Vista Business [/url][/color][/size]