Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Toronto needs more and better transit

I take the TTC just about every day. Unfortunately that means I see the daily deterioration of the system.

This isn't the TTC workers' fault. The system is grossly overcrowded and so fails. Tempers flare as impossible crowds are pushed into buses and trains that can't take 'em.

We need a better way -- I am supporting Rocco Rossi for Mayor (and I like his ideas for transit) but whoever is elected needs to put TTC first with realistic plans that work and not pipe dreams.

2 comments:

Markhamom said...

I suppose it isn't the workers fault directly, however, if their union didn't force such obscenely high wages & benefits for largely unskilled work, then there would be more money to invest in infrastructure, maintenance, etc.

Anonymous said...

http://torontoist.com/2010/01/the_dangerous_delusions_of_rocci_rossi.php

Just goes to show a certain lack of judgement...
but then again you do seem to support Iggy...