Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Joint submissions on sentence should be followed


R. v. McGraw, 2011 ONCA 451, released today, is a useful current source for the law holding a trial judge ought to follow a joint submission on sentence unless contrary to public interest:

[5] The trial judge was bound to accept the joint submission unless the proposed sentence was contrary to the public interest and would bring the administration of justice into disrepute: see R. v. Dorsey, [1999] O.J. No. 2957, at para. 11 (C.A.). ...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ah yes, I see its the court of appeal!

Anonymous said...

Heya i'm for the first time here. I came across this board and I find It truly useful & it helped me out much. I hope to give something back and help others like you helped me.

my web page; diet plans that work