Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Ontario Place repair plan gets go-ahead as all-season park to work and play

John Tory has done a great service to Ontario -- his plan makes very good sense -- it is impressive that Conservatives and Liberals could come together like this!Share on facebook

DAVID COOPER/TORONTO STARA report last month headed by John Tory says Ontario Place said its survival lies in adding a mix of condos, businesses and festivals to the area to keep people coming.
Rob Ferguson
Queen’s Park Bureau 
Ontario Place could host beach volleyball for the Pan Am Games but there are no guarantees the iconic Cinesphere will stay as the province vows to move at “lightning speed” to revitalize Ontario Place by 2017.
Tourism Minister Michael Chan said Wednesday the government has endorsed the 18 recommendations in last month’s report from former Progressive Conservative leader John Tory to turn the waterfront park into an all-season destination with places to live, work, shop, eat and play.
“Today is the first step to move ahead,” said Chan, who has earmarked $5.5 million to get the site ready for developers to make proposals for condos, a hotel, stores, restaurants and offices within two or three years.

No comments: