Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Release of monies seized under civil remedy legislation so as to retain counsel

In AG v $104,877 US, 2013 ONSC 2955, just released, Justice Perell allowed monies to be released from funds seized and preserved under the civil remedies legislation to allow civil counsel to be retained. Civil counsel (not myself) will now be retained to dispute the seizure.

Apparently this is the first time monies have been released in this way. The decision is careful and sets out the necessary standard. I expect it will be released on line soon but I have a copy now for anyone who needs it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Please let me know if you're looking for a author for your weblog. You have some really good articles and I feel I would be a good asset. If you ever want to take some of the load off, I'd absolutely
love to write some articles for your blog in exchange for a link back to
mine. Please send me an email if interested.
Thank you!

Also visit my weblog :: bmi chart male