Sunday, June 16, 2013

Throwing juice isn't the way to go

Someone, now charged with assault, threw juice at Rob Ford.

Twitter lit up with those cheering her act while others deplored it.

Myself? I just see it as a rather weak media stunt.

When a protestor threw a show towards George Bush it resonated as there was a deep cultural significance. Ain't no such thing with juice.

I am not an apologist for Mayor Ford. I didn't back him in the last election; but he did win on a clear mandate. I have concerns for him as a person - I fear he is deeply unhealthy. I'd prefer him not to be Mayor.

But throwing juice? Just wrong.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I suggest that after Bev Oda, juice throwing has become culturally significant in Canada.

Unknown said...

I suggest noni juice. It is very healthy and tasty. I drink it daily in breakfast.

Regards,
Tahitian Noni Juice