Bennett Law Chambers Professional Corporation v. Zareh, 2013 ONCA 686
 It is common ground that the following factors are to be considered:
1) whether the appellant formed an intention to appeal within the relevant period;
2) the length of and explanation for the delay;
3) any prejudice to the respondent;
4) the merits of the appeal; and
5) whether the justice of the case requires it.
 See Kefeli v. Centennial College of Applied Arts and Technology (2002), 23 C.P.C. (5th) 35 (Ont. C.A.); Kirby v. Hope Place Centres,  ONCA 90, aff'd 2013 ONCA 459.