The Canada Trust Company v. Potomski, 2015 ONCA 324:
 In determining whether to grant leave to extend the time to perfect an appeal, it is useful to consider the test applicable to extending time to file a notice of appeal: Mauldin v. Cassels Brock & Blackwell LLP, 2011 ONCA 67 [In Chambers], at para. 5; Monteith v. Monteith, 2010 ONCA 78 [In Chambers], at para. 11. The relevant factors are:
1) Whether the appellant had an intention to appeal within the relevant period;
2) The length of the delay and the explanation for the delay;
3) Any prejudice to the respondent;
4) The merits of the appeal; and
5) Whether the "justice of the case" requires granting an extension.
See Rizzi v. Marvos (2007), 85 O.R. (3d) 401 (C.A. [In Chambers]), at para. 16; Kefeli v. Centennial College of Applied Arts & Technology (2002), 23 C.P.C. (5th) 35 (Ont. C.A. [In Chambers]), at para. 14.