Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Leave to appeal from summary conviction appeal to Court of Appeal

R. v. Bresnark, 2013 ONCA 320:

[6]          Leave to appeal to this court from a summary conviction appeal pursuant to s. 839 is granted sparingly, and only when some exceptional circumstance justifies a further appeal.

[7]          The alleged error must be a question of law. Moreover, either (1) the merits of the appeal must be at least arguable and the issue must have general significance to the administration of justice beyond the particular case, or (2) the merits of the appeal must appear very strong: see R. v. R.R. (2008), 234 C.C.C. (3d) 463 (Ont. C.A.), at paras. 31 and 37.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very nice post. I simply stumbled upon your blog and wished
to mention that I've really loved surfing around your weblog posts. In any case I will be subscribing in your feed and I hope you write again soon!

My blog :: novoline automaten

Anonymous said...

Hi there! Someone in my Myspace group shared this website with us so I came to give it a
look. I'm definitely loving the information. I'm bookmarking
and will be tweeting this to my followers! Wonderful blog and amazing style and design.


my weblog :: walking calorie calculator

Anonymous said...

If some one desires to be updated with most recent technologies afterward he must be
pay a quick visit this web site and be up to date daily.

Also visit my webpage: kids rechargeable electric toothbrush